Are you ready to leave the paper chase behind and join the digital age? Join VISION today! Keep reading for more info on how to submit ESRD forms electronically…
QualityNet Echange Web site https://qnetexchange.org/qnet/home.do
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the ESRD Networks are working together to build an integrated ESRD information system called the Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web Enabled Network (CROWN) in order to improve data management for the Medicare End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program.
The VISION (Vital Information System to Improve Outcomes in Nephrology) software application will support electronic data entry and encrypted transmission of ESRD patient and facility data from dialysis and transplant facilities directly to their Networks via a secure, Web-enabled environment called “QualityNet Exchange“.
Listed below are the roles that your facility would be expected to perform while utilizing this product, as well as the benefits that will come with implementing this product.
Benefits of Participating:
- Ability to track patients in a centralized database. See all of your patients and their activities in one place.
- Form Accuracy will improve – The software will automatically validate a form for all of the required fields, thus eliminating “rejected” forms that the Network sends back for completion.
- Form Timeliness will improve – Simply click a button to send a form and it is received immediately (no more forms lost in the mail or costly overnight packages!).
- Accessibility to the newest technology in “smart token” and digital signatures. This technology will be used to transmit the files securely to their destination.
- Complete QualityNet Exchange Registration process in order to obtain a smart token/digital certificate for system user access
- Acquire Internet access via modem line/ISP subscription or dedicated Network connection on facility PC (not provided)
- Install the initial version and subsequent versions of the software onto your PC with instruction from Network staff
- Enter all of your forms into software.
- Two actions must be certified in the software before transmission. One is the digital “signing” of the 2728 and the other is the transmission to your Network’s local server.
To participate, your facility must have:
- Pentium II 166 MHz with 64MB of RAM minimum, and 100MB hard drive space
- Microsoft Windows 98, 98 SE (Second Edition), ME (Millennium Edition), 2K (2000), XP or NT 4.0
- Microsoft Office 97, 2K (2000) or better
- Microsoft Access 97 or greater
- Internet Access (via ISP account or network connection)
- Download QualityNet registration form. Complete and notorized and mail, NO FAX, to Network 13:
QualityNet Registration Form and Instruction pdf-23Kb
- QualityNet Exchange Web site:
- VISION Web Site – Update for VISION Software, References, User Guides and additional resources for networks and facilities
If you are interested in using VISION, please complete and fax us this survey
Facility Interest and Readiness Survey pdf-30Kb
- QualityNet Registration Form and Instruction pdf-23Kb http://www.network13.org/Vision/QNetRegistrationPacket-ESRD.pdf
Contact Nellie Hedrick at Network 13 (405) 942-6000 ext. 3015 for additinal details.